WholeheARTed Creativity.

5.7.10

****ART GRANT BEGINS - Today.*****

I recieved an art grant through the Central MN State Arts Board.  (!!!)  Dodie Logue, incredible artist from Delano, will be my mentor for the next year.  Originally, I clicked on her name, cuz it sounded cool.  After seeing her Hosta painting -- I was hooked - but figured she'd live hours away.  Who would have thought she lives just down my parents' gravel road!?!  One of those fate-like coincidences that makes you feel like you should be here.  Doing this.

Sooo.. we applied.  Got the grant.  & starting today, you can call me EMily the Artist.  My mentor, Dodie, biked here thismorning & we talked art supplies and goals.  Out in my fully-finished studio, I'd like to add. :)  I know I can't quite express how excited I am over the computer --- but, believe me, I'm BEAMing.****

A great quote I find myself reading - almost daily lately:
(& I guess the theme for this new artistic yearlong journey...)

"MAKE YOUR WORK.  MAKE YOUR WORK CONSTANTLY.
LOVE IT.  AND HATE IT.
BUT [ABOVE ALL] MAKE IT."

Cheers all.  Happy July 5th.  <--- Beginning of my adventure...
















Studio door -- much more exciting now.













I found some old silo staves in a pile at my parents.
So last Monday I dug & leveled a plot.
Shoveled in sand -- laid the panels -- and covered it with pavement sand.  I've never really been more proud of a project in all my life?!?  :)












No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive